“The Mixx Awards recognizes the best in interactive campaigns in digital marketing and advertising, so no single entries allowed. There are 7 different categories available, according to the campaign objectives.”
All cases must follow the rules mentioned below.
Ensure you submit all entry materials exactly as they were requested. Any missing materials or information can result in disqualification.
The written brief is the most important part of the entry because it frames the business challenge and illustrates the effectiveness of the campaign and the role of Interactive media.
The best briefs explain the competitive environment, the campaign objectives and goals, and any evidence of performance. The key elements the panels will judge are effectively demonstrating performance, results and the role of creative.
Briefs should be clear, concise and free of jargon and exaggeration.
Each of the three sections of the brief – strategy, execution, results – must be under 400 characters (1,200 characters with all three sections), and easy to read.
The written briefs must include:
- Strategy: This section is worth 25 percent of the overall score. Judges look for a firm understanding of the business/marketing challenge, along with a solid strategy. It is important to demonstrate use of research, creativity, choice of media vehicles and integration with other non-interactive media if appropriate.
- Execution & Use Of Media: This section is worth 25 percent of the overall score. How well was the campaign carried out? How creative or sophisticated was the campaign in its use of media? What percent of the campaign budget went to interactive media? How well was technology leveraged?
- Results & ROI: This section is worth 25 percent of the overall score. Did the campaign achieve its objectives and goals, and is there solid empirical evidence to back it up? Did the performance of the campaign have a significant impact on the business? How did the creative contribute?
- Creative submissions: also are important, as they account for 25 percent of each campaign’s total score. Judges will consider such criteria as engagement, unique use of medium, art direction, copywriting, integration with overall campaign, and use of technology. There is a restriction of 5 creative samples you provide.
Any campaign that ran during the qualifying period from the 30 April 2011 till 30 April 2012 and that has already won a national award in its country similar to MIXX (digital marketing or interactive media award).
Campaigns that may have been launched before 30 April 2011, but must have run during the valid period. Submissions cannot be cancelled or withdrawn after 1st May 2012. Creative submissions that are presented via the website must remain active until 1st July 2012.
Every case is presented to the Board for Advertising. If a case is judged by a Jury for Ethical Practice in advertising (local SRO), than the Jury of the MIXX Awards will be advised of this. It is up to the Jury and a representative of the IAB Europe to decide whether to include the case for the final judgment.
Deadline to enter the MIXX Europe Awards: 1st May 2012.
Entrants can submit campaigns for as many categories as they like, and submit multiple campaigns for each category.
Submissions should reflect work that was carried out predominantly by the submitting agency or advertiser, and the role of collaborating (creative and media) agencies and key individuals should be referenced.
Submissions must include a written campaign brief, which requires:
- Campaign strategy
- Execution and use of media
- Demonstrated results
Each of these three components (strategy, execution, results) must be limited to 400 characters (for a maximum 1,200-character written brief).
- Please make sure all information including campaign name, advertiser, submitting agency and credits is referenced and spelled exactly as it should appear in information for the media, on trophies, in the MIXX Awards Winners’ Gallery, and on printed and multimedia presentation materials for the Awards Gala.
- The information supplied in the online entry form may be published and/or appear on trophies and promotional materials.
Entries into the MIXX Europe Awards is free of charge in 2011.
The winners will be revealed during the Awards Ceremony on Wednesday evening the 30th June 2012 in Barcelona, during the Interact Congress 2012. You can also register for the Gala Event via this website.
Use of material
By submitting your case, you explicitly grant permission to the IAB Europe to use the information and material of your case for events, publications, etc. Confidential information may be labelled as such and this will be taken into account by the IAB.
Publication of winning work
- All entries may be showcased in various ways including publication. This is at the sole discretion of the IAB.
- Work submitted must be original or you must have secured rights to submit it.
- Creative Materials and Briefs: By entering work into the MIXX Awards you automatically grant the IAB the right to make copies, reproduce and display the creative materials and briefs for educational and promotional purposes such as but not limited to the web site, newsletter, programming/conferences and the Awards Gala.
- We respect that entries may have information deemed confidential by the client. For this reason, you will have the opportunity in the online entry form to indicate whether or not publishing permission is granted for the written briefs section of the entry form.
All questions concerning the submission of your case(s) as well as questions regarding your participation in the Awards ceremony can be addressed to:
Sara Rachdi: Sara Rachdi: email@example.com | tel : +32 (0) 486 93 80 38